FitRight was started by Taryn Watson, a Perth-based physiotherapist and pilates instructor with a masters degree in Continence & Women's Health.
FitRight provides a variety of small group pilates and fitness classes for expectant mums, new Mums and not-so-new Mums all over Perth and Mandurah.
Unlike many other exercise class options, these classes are able to be modified for women with common issues like pelvic floor muscle dysfunction, abdominal muscle separation, pelvic girdle pain etc, which unfortunately have the potential to be made worse with other types of exercise.
The FitRight Difference includes:
- Individual pre-assessment with a physio of your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles (because we know that many women are not activating these important muscles correctly and may do themselves more harm)
- The classes are rebatable on private health insurance
- Baby massage and developmental play routines are taught as part of the Baby&Me postnatal pilates courses
- Baby&Me classes also include volunteers to mind the babies in the same room as the Mums
- FitRight classes don't stop when your baby is 6 months old - we provide Toddler&Me and MumTime classes suitable for Mums of young children of all ages
- All class outlines are low impact and scalable while still being challenging
See our website for information about our additional services such as:
- FitRight PregEd pregnancy education and pelvic floor assessment workshops
- FitRight Pregnancy education and exercise DVD
- FitRight Post Birth Rehab video series - how to optimise your recovery in the first 6 weeks
Our class locations include Fremantle, Ardross, Maylands, Wembley, Como, Mandurah and more!